Correct RAM placement in PO3-640 It doesn't seem to make much sense to start with DIMM slot 3

Options
Rambutaan
Rambutaan Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Predator Desktops

Hi guys,

Not sure if it matters too much but I changed the placement of my RAM because the manual suggested it was different to what was actually originally setup. But then I noticed that the manual that came with my PC and the manual that you download off Acer have differing advice…

My manual suggests that the correct placement is:

DIMM slot 3 then DIMM slot 4 for 16GB of RAM

However, the manual off Acer's website for the PO3-640 states the placement is:

DIMM slot 1 then DIMM slot 2 for 16GB RAM

So, which one is correct? It doesn't seem to make much sense to start with DIMM slot 3…

[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Note that they use a different order for where the slots actually are. They are ordered 1, 3, 2, 4 on the motherboard, not 1, 2, 3, 4.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Note that they use a different order for where the slots actually are. They are ordered 1, 3, 2, 4 on the motherboard, not 1, 2, 3, 4.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Rambutaan
    Rambutaan Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks. I'll just mark your response as the answer. I'm assuming since both manuals state you should start filling the slots starting with DIMM1 (which makes sense) I'm guessing the manual that doesn't show the RAM starting in DIMM1 as the erroneous one.