Concept D7 ezel pro performance issue

Options
Simone_V76
Simone_V76 Member Posts: 2 New User

HI!

I work with Autodesk inventor with my Concept D7 ezel pro workstation which cost me 4500€ 2 years ago. Inventor provides a benchmark tool to see the performance of the workstation and the result is embarrassing…

here is my result:

for understand below you can find the same top level mobile workstation and they perform around double than mine…

can anyone help me to figure out if there is a problem with my workstation or maybe some specific setting that I have to set-up?

Otherwise I think that I wasted 4.500€ because some entry level gaming laptops can perform better than mine…..

thank you in advance for the support!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

Click on the battery icon in the tray. Is the slider all the way to the right and charger plugged in?

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited August 2023
    Options

By the specs that you have given above your laptop is the Acer ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro, and it should be model number CC715-71. This laptop has the same grade of components found in a top-shelf gaming notebook, such as the Razer Blade 15 Advanced (2020) laptop etc. The below mods are the only mods that you can improve on to make this laptop perform better, as for this high-end Acer laptop to not perform at its best, you must not have all the drivers installed properly and/or updates done, so if you want to improve and have your latop perform at its best or even better, do the below.

Update the laptop to its last bios version 1.14 and the last NVIDIA RTX / Quadro Desktop And Notebook Driver Release 535 graphics driver for Win-10/11, make sure you install this new driver with the Advanced > Clean Install feature which completely uninstalls the previous Quadro RTX5000 driver that you have on your laptop, after installing this new version driver, install all the windows update and also install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant scan so that it installs the latest "Intel® UHD Graphics for 10th Gen Intel® Processor" driver and all the latest Intel drivers for this laptop, also and imo you need to use the top and fastest M.2 SSD drives that the Concept D7 Ezel Pro laptop supports, which are the PCIe 3x4 types M.2 SSD drives.

Have a look at the RAM upgrades for this laptop from Crucial also at "Acer ConceptD 7 Ezel CC715-71-72JD RAM & SSD Upgrades" as Crucial has a faster RAM Kit for this laptop, which is the Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM - spec: DDR4-3200 • CL=22 • NON-ECC • SODIMM • 260-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8/1Rx8 • PC4-25600 which will be allot faster than your DDR-2666Mhz that Acer fits oem to the ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro.

Note: Acer only uses the generic M.2 SSD drives also, for its M.2 SSD drives in this laptop, they don't use the fastest M.2 SSD drives like and when they install the Samsung M.2 SSD brands of M.2 SSD drives, as they don't install the top of the range PCIe 3x4 M.2 drive which in the Samsung PCIe 3x4 type drives is the Samsung 970 Pro or Plus EVO NVMe M.2 drive or in the Western Digital PCIe 3x4 type drives, its the SN750 Black NVMe M.2 drive, which are both a much faster drive than the oem M.2 SSD drives that Acer fits to the Concept D Ezel Pro laptop.

The above mods if done, will improve this laptops performance quite allot, so try those updates of drives above and all these hardware upgrades also as and if you do all this your ConceptD 7 Ezel Pro will outperform all of the laptops you have listed above from Dell, ASUS and HP. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• Simone_V76
    Simone_V76 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hi Jack

thank you very much for your suggestion.

I updated the bios, the Nvidia card driver and also the intel grafic as per your indication.

I did again the test and the result it's lower that yesterday…

now all the driver are the latest version… I don't know if it's correct to spend other money to upgrade a laptop with this poor performance… and i will not do… i think that i will change completle filosofy and move to other brand…

thank very much you for your assistance

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

the result is embarrassing

Don't be embarrassed or obsessed over this type of benchmarking. It's often biased toward manufacturers with a larger commercial base. It can be more of a marketing tool aimed potential commercial users, not consumer users/gamers. They don't necessarily reflect how well a particular commercial app will do on consumer/gamer-oriented products. The same applies for consumer/gamer benchmarks on commercial-oriented machines.

If it was mine, I'd take benchmarking results with a grain of salt. I'd be more concerned with how well a commercial app or game actually performs, whether my machine was marketed as a workstation or a gamer. If it doesn't cut the mustard and meet my expectations running real world apps or games, then yes I probably made a purchasing mistake.

Jack E/NJ