Query about Upgrade of SSD in Swift 3 OLED SF314-71(2023 model)

Options
SatyaSourav
SatyaSourav Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi,

I am using Swift 3 OLED SF314-71,core i7 12700H Processor, It has 1TB (PCIE Gen4 SSD),

(i) if I want to replace this 1TB SSD with 2TB SSD(PCIE Gen4 SSD) then could it be possible? and up to how much I can upgrade?

(ii)Also if I want to add one more SSD with another slot which one is suitable for that slot, we want the very details of this.

(iii) why the company is not providing very details about this Upgradation part and slot details?

Thank you in Adavance.

Satya

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,885 Trailblazer
    edited August 2023
    Options

There are two M.2 PCIe x4 slots, one of which supports Gen 4 SSDs, 2280,up to 2TB. The empty Gen 3 PCIe slot is marked "Gen 3" above the right speaker and supports up to 1TB, 2242, M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 only. Kingston recommends 2TB NV2 SSD M.2 (2280), NVMe, PCIe 4.0, Gen 4x4, 3500MB/s R, 2800MB/s W for Slot 1.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,473 Trailblazer
    Options

Both slots support much larger than 1TB or 2TB. You have essentially no limit to the size of the drive, other than in what technology is available. IIRC currently the largest you can get is 8TB.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,473 Trailblazer
    Options

Since you don't have, and am not asking about, a Swift 3 SF314-71 model, your question is best asked elsewhere. Best is to start a new thread. Include the full model number. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. Since you may be working off an offering on the web, the model number is normally included in the device description. Warranty details are specific to the country the device is sold in and vary from locale to locale. In some you can open the laptop up and make changes, so as adding or replacing the SSD, in some you have to allow an authorized service center to perform that work.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.