ACER X32 FP HDR Color Space in SDR and Possible lost factory calibration after firmware update

Options
DaraloHU
DaraloHU Member Posts: 2 New User

Dear Community!

Is there anyone who miss the HDR Color Space option in SDR mode on the X32 FP on the newest 2.00.015 firmware?

I bought the display wich has been mancufactured in NOV 2022 and the stock FW with the HDR Color Space in SDR was the best colors for me, better looked than standard i really enjoyed it… until the FW update.

But on my unit the stock FW had the "not supported resolution" bug which sometimes appeared in game.

I made the upgrade to the latest firmware 2.00.015 which i regret since then.

The HDR Color Space is got locked in this FW (in SDR mode) and i think i lost the factory calibration too and with the white ballance too.

Now the monitor still has good picture of course but not that great (at least for me) when i got it and changed those settings..

I am dissapointed because there wasnt a changelog which listed this and may i didnt do the update if i know these.

Is there Anyone who has any idea?

I would like to get back those bold colors the depth was good too for my taste it still has it but not in that way.

I should buy a calibrator that can fix it?

I dont want accurate colors i miss those bold colors which that setting has.

May i write to the support maybe they can help?

I havent found the november (V009) firmware which maybe my unit had.

I tried the real HDR mode also with tweaks on nVidia control panel i mean raise birghtness etc but still i found the SDR mode more colorfull.

My factory RGB numbers are different than i found in the FW-s pdf.

Maybe these numbers specific for my unit or got modified by the FW update.?!

Answers