why acer an515-57 is not uploading new drivers updates to our laptops ??

Options
TSAFADI98
TSAFADI98 Member Posts: 37 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited August 2023 in Acer Software

in acer drivers and manuals we dont see any new drivers since 2022-2021

we have a lot of problems in our gmaing laptops and its looks like acer support dosent care about an515-57 laptop versions special intel users they have a lot of problems like performance issues and display issues also another problems who faced too much people

we need new updates for our drivers and bios so we can finally feel our laptops running smooth and normaly like the other users

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Pretty much all driver updates are pushed out via Windows update. Have you checked there for optional updates?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TSAFADI98
    Options

in optinal updates you dont get always latest drivers updates because theres a file called oem in driver c just install what drivers laptop need and it full of old drivers and acer is so bad if i know that drivers and other things and issue its like that on acer laptops then i didnt buy a acer laptop and get asus or lenovo

• Serkan51755
    Serkan51755 Member Posts: 50 Troubleshooter
    Options

i have AN- 517-55 kind of new labtop i bought 6 months ago . our drivers are old also . i think acer not updating drivers until there is an issue with current drivers . i recoment use what acer is uploaded and what windows update giving to you . otherwise you gonna have trouble with using 3rd party driver upgrader as i had it.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Unfortunately with the Nitro Gaming Laptops you need to know what to update, as the Nitro laptops only needs certain driver updates, like from windows updates NOT ALL as the Insyde Software - firmware 5.xx.x.x you don't install as its VERY DANGEROUS as it can brick your laptop, for the Intel graphics drivers and all drivers you don't need the drivers from windows update, as it installs old Intel drivers and for NVidia drivers windows update does not update their graphics drivers.

The best way is to keep your Nitro gaming laptop up to date and how I keep my Nitro laptop up to date is to install the individual and main drivers for this laptop directly with software from the manufacturers, like install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant software scan, which will keep all the Intel drivers up to date, for NVidia, install the GeForce Experience as that will keep you alerted to the NVidia graphics drivers and for the NVidia best game settings for your gpu, that is all you need!

• TSAFADI98
    edited September 2023
    Options

@StevenGen You speak as an ignorant person who does not know whats the problems are in the Nitro 5 and yes i know about the Intel program. Yes, it downloads you the latest versions, but its not compatible to all acer nitro laptops because when you download the latest version the screen starr flickreing , so please, if you do not know these problems, there is no reason until you put your ideas that are not useful

• StevenGen
    edited September 2023
    Options

WOW TSAFADI98, you are one very ungrateful person, if you would have said specifically that you have screen flickering issues then that is a different issue and there is a fix for it! I've got and I'm using a Nitro 5 AN515-56 virtually every day for 8-hour 24/7 for nearly 2 years, with the i7 / RTX3050 specs which is virtually the same laptop as your Nitro 5 AN515-57 laptop!

TSAFADI98, I think its the reverse that "You speak as an ignorant person who does not know whats the problems are in the Nitro 5" as screen flickering has a different fix within these laptops that use the Intel graphics virtually 95% of the time, I've also had "screen flickering" on my Nitro 5 AN515-56 and there is a fix for it, but you don't deserve for me to tell you the fix for it, have a great day sir.

• TSAFADI98
    edited September 2023
    Options

@StevenGen sir you came here and speak in a unrespectful way and its not great to talk to someone you dont know if his older than you or not

I open this fourm to find soultions to my acer nitro 5 and you came here and talk with no soultion or step or fix to my problems that why i post that comment because im tired from unuseful comments because theres a lot of issue on the acer nitro 5 and if i was know that before about those all issues i didnt buy that laptop because theres a lot of issues on it !!
    and thats not so good !

• StevenGen
    edited September 2023
    Options

TSAFADI98 sir, if you don’t have the experience of how to update drivers on your laptop or analyze any driver laptop problems and you expect to be fed like a baby with automatic Acer updates (which Acer has with the Acer Care Centre) for your laptop, then that is not going to happen, and you should not be using a Nitro 5 laptop. I’ve tried to tell you what needs to be done with your Nitro 5 laptop, as that is what I do to keep my AN515-56 Nitro 5 laptop performing perfectly, as I’ve never had driver problems, the only problem with my AN515-56 laptop is with the Killer AX1650i Bluetooth driver that works perfectly but refuses to update from its Acer provided oem 2021 driver, not the Wi-Fi driver as that updates perfectly, its only the Bluetooth driver.

TSAFADI98, from my perception, you don't have the experience, or you are just lazy, do the research and don’t be abusive people that are trying genuinely to help you out! I’ve got over 35 years’ experience in computer engineering and I’m not giving you rubbish advice, the advice that I’m giving you is from my extensive and personal experience of knowing the Nitro 5 laptop, which is just like your AN515-57 laptop, if you don’t understand or you are too arrogant to listen then its your problem, but please don’t be abusive and belittle people who you have NO idea who they are. That is the last thing I’m going to say and advise you with, have a good day sir!

• TSAFADI98
    Options

@StevenGen its not about that i dont understand how to update my drivers or if i dont have experience but i try a lot things and search a lot to fix my issues and it doesnt work

And yup sorry it was missunderstanding or language different style to talk

Just hope of you have soultion to fix flickering or performance issue low fps light us with your information and experience

Thank you and have a good day