Need factory fimware of tablet Acer B1 730HD | firmware to flash through intel phone flash tool

Options
GoodOlAndroidEnjoyer
GoodOlAndroidEnjoyer Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi i have this very old tablet Acer B1 730HD

Uses Intel Atom Z2560

Recently i wanted to get it in shape for my little brother to enjoy. He is about 6 years old so it would be enough of a first experience on android. I wanted to provided him with the best games i've used with that tablet like angry birds go, minecraft… etc.However for some reason that tablet had his os completly broke… even after the image from ACER website didn't help. So i asked my friends what to do and they provided me with an image and intel flash tool so i used that….. however it turns out they gave a wrong image for this type of tablet and it fell into clowerview mode…can't do much now.However it's still fixeble only thing i need is a factory image i can flash on it with intel phone flash tool and put it back into life.Please help I really need this fixed.. i promised him that i would fix it for him as soon as posibble.. PLEASE ACER PROVIDE ME WITH THAT IMAGE. Of all answers that you very much for all of them…—

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

IIRC those models had an eMMC drive on the motherboard and when the drive got old enough to fail there isn't a cost effective fix, unless you are really good with your surface mount soldering skills… That tablet is almost 10 years old now, which is something like a bazillion in internet years. Acer doesn't have it's old OS images on their support site any longer, though you might be able to find one through third parties. I believe it ran Jelly Bean 4.2 originally and might have been upgraded within the Jelly Bean releases to 4.4 or so.

You might try contacting Acer support, here you only get other Acer users, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,780 Pathfinder
    Options

@GoodOlAndroidEnjoyer I found the forum that contains the tool for repairing the tablet firmware. You might need to use Google Translate to translate the whole webpage https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=605356&st=960#entry37978691

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!