nitro 5 N20C1 New charger not working it repeatedly disconnects and reconnects the cord is faulty.

Shepardshlop
Shepardshlop Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in Gadgets & Accessories

hello recently I had to replace the adapter cord for the charger on my nitro 5 gaming laptop (one of the new ones without the reset pin or removable battery). Previously I never had any issue with the previous adapter or battery in any way shape or form, after plugging in my new adapter it seemed to work fine until I try to boot up any game, then it repeatedly disconnects and reconnects as if the cord is faulty and slows down my laptop to the point of unplayability, it doesn’t do this except for when I start up the game and the previous charger never did this, does anyone know the possible cause and/or solution to this? Note; the new adapter was purchased off of amazon and had 130W in its description I’ve noticed that the original adapter had 180W but was unable to find a replacement adapter that also had 180W

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and add   issue  detail]

Best Answer

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,020 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

That adapter you bought is not for your laptop model, not knowing the exact Nitro5 model you have I cannot help you, but you can Google the part number of your original power adapter that came with the laptop or your full laptop model and look for a 180-Watt adapter. Make sure that the pin barrel of the plug is compatible probably: 5.5mm ×1.7mm.

• duhkoatuh
    duhkoatuh Member Posts: 4 New User

I'm having the exact same issue, bought one from amazon, and its a 135, and my original was higher, my model number is N22C2, but I can't seem to find an oem charger anywhere, its quite annoying as I primarily use this for work, and its been going out on me daily, the old one just quit working entirely, not recognizing the charger at all.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,529 Trailblazer
    edited September 2023

Hey Shepardshlop and to all that use this model number, I know that Acer lists your Nitro laptop on the sticker on the back as the "MODEL NO.: N20C1" but the N20C1 is the chassis model number, which is shared by different configurations of the Acer Nitro 5 series laptops. The back sticker below is a Nitro laptop with the N20C1 model number but its an AN515-45-R7L8 laptop, which is the number that your Nitro laptop ID is. To find the exact model's name of your laptop, you can check the label on the back of the laptop like caption below or use the Acer Care Center software.

These are all the Adaptor/chargers for the Nitro AN515-54 use these part numbers and adaptors and batteries for this laptop.