I've reset my Aspire Switch 10 touchscreen isn't working but it is in bios

Options
OttoB666
OttoB666 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2023 in Tablets

Asus aspire switch 10 reset, now touchscreen isn't working but it is in bios, why? I have no keyboard and is there a solution? I can't get past this and don't have a keyboard

[Edited the thread to add issue  detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,401 Trailblazer
    edited August 2023
    Options

As you don't have the keyboard and touchpad is not responding, did you try connecting an external USB keyboard, if you only have a USB-C port on your tablet get a USB-C keyboard or USB-2 adapter. That screen is showing the Windows recovery app that starts with what language KB you have. The next step will be Reset this PC and you should get your Touch screen back.

• OttoB666
    Options

Hi Puraw, these are the only connections on the side. I had reset it, gets to the first screen then can go no further? Thanks for replying.

• Puraw
    Options

That is a USB-C port, get or borrow a USB-C keyboard or an adapter if you only have a USB-2 KB and continue the WindowsRE operation.

• OttoB666
    Options

Thanks, just bought the adapter on Amazon, also a wired keyboard and mouse, would Bluetooth kick in before set up?

• Puraw
    Options

No, PS/2 has priority in booting. Just follow the screens and click on the options, you will see the Troubleshoot menu, Advanced, Startup:

Just press Enter and see if it boots normally to Windows, or F4 to boot to safe mode first and uninstall the Touch Screen driver in Device Manager, then reboot and let Windows reinstall the drivers. This is the Acer Support site for your tablet but no drivers available.
    https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/product-support/SW5-011/downloads?suggest=SW5-011.;0

How to uninstall the touch screen drivers in Device Manager:
    Expand the Human Interface Devices category.
    Right-click Intel(R) (or XXXX) Precise Touch Device, select Uninstall device, and then, in the Uninstall Device dialog box, select Uninstall.
    Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, select Uninstall device, and then, in the Uninstall Device dialog box, select Uninstall. If you see two HID-compliant touchscreen drivers or 12C HID device, right-click the first, select Uninstall device, select Uninstall, and then repeat the process for the second driver.

• OttoB666
    Options

Nightmare lays ahead for me

• Puraw
    Options

Not really, you can press Enter first and see if it will boot normally to Windows or if you get the blue troubleshoot screen again, if the latter you have to uninstall the touchscreen drivers in Device Manager and then boot. Is there not supposed to be a keyboard connected to the tablet, or is that a different model? If you get in a bind, find a reputable Acer workshop to help you or send it to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults and also request to upgrade it to Windows10. Costs will be minimal ($25 in the Philippines).

• OttoB666
    Options

Hi, It has a detachable keyboard but didn't come with it unfortunately, it's a gift, just checked if it was working which it was, maybe I shouldn't have installed from the cloud, I thought it would come with all the updates.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

That isn't a USB-C port, it's a microUSB. The Switch 10 is old enough that it was still USB 2.0… Trying to put a USB-C adapter in there will damage the port!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OttoB666
    Options

Thanks billsey, I got the right one.

• Puraw
    Options

The fact that WindowsRE in tablet RESET mode wants input from the keyboard indicates you need to have the keyboard attached for that Swift model.