Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 Acer Care Center does not save the "80% battery limit" setting

Options
Hippocrat
Hippocrat Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Acer Software

Hello, I bought an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 laptop. The Acer Care Center utility has a setting that limits the battery charge to 80% to extend battery life. In my case, the problem is that for some reason this setting is not being saved when the PC is shut down. That is, even though Acer Care Center runs automatically every time, the "80% battery limit" checkbox is turned off every time, so I have to turn it on manually. Is there any way to figure out why this setting is not being saved?
Is there any way to limit battery charge via Bios settings on this model (Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57)? I don't see such an option in Bios. Maybe it's hidden and can be made visible?

Here's the checkbox in ACC which turns off after each shutdown:

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,757 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer has been removing that function from ACC in a lot of cases, since it turns out the battery savings is more of an urban legend that anything measurable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.