Patsey
Patsey Member Posts: 3 New User

I cannot access some shopping websights can you help please

Best Answers

• Patsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have my shopping delivered to me by online supermarkets but cannot access some websights.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

What error message is displayed when you try to go to a site? What browser are you using? Do you have antivirus software installed other than the default Windows Defender? A lot of the AV solutions will block you from scam sites…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Patsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have my shopping delivered to me by online supermarkets but cannot access some websights.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,431 Trailblazer
    edited August 2023
    Options

Assuming you have a Windows11 laptop/PC, try to change your Network Adapter, Advanced settings, IPv4 properties, Automatic DNS to an open DNS address like Google: 1.1.1.1 alternative address 1.0.0.1

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options

What error message is displayed when you try to go to a site? What browser are you using? Do you have antivirus software installed other than the default Windows Defender? A lot of the AV solutions will block you from scam sites…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Patsey
    Options

Thankyou for your help.

I do have antivirus softwear installed,would Windows Defender protect me without it.

I believe some of the web sights I am trying to connect to are being blocked.

• billsey
    edited August 2023
    Options

Windows Defender does a good job in almost all cases. Often the third party antivirus solutions just have extra bells and whistles that aren't really needed. If the sites are being blocked though, there might be a good reason. :) Are you sure they are legitimate? If so your AV package should have a way to whitelist them.