Acer boot into recovery mode ALT+F10 is not working even after reinstalling windows 10

Options
MohammedKamran
MohammedKamran Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter

Hi

I recently upgraded my hard disk to SSD and then re-installed windows 10 using "Windows Installation Media" USB drive on my "Acer Aspire F 15 F5-573G-71GR".

I am able to successfully boot into the laptop and everything is fine but when I start the recovery mode using ALT F10 at runtime it show the below blue screen.

Note:
The windows loads perfectly when restarting normally.
I have checked using “reagentc /info” and the the “Windows RE Location” is pointing to the correct disk partition and BCD.

Please see the screenshots below and let me know how to get rid of this annoying screen ?

Acer ALT-F10 Restart Error

Boot Manager Edit

Disk Detail

Recovery Partition Detail

REAGENTC Recovery Enabled

ReAgent.xml File

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! Do you still keep the original operating system intact installed on the other hard drive? Why in this case, you could try to clone hard drive to ssd.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MohammedKamran
    Options

At first I cloned the HDD to SSD when this issue started.

Then I did the following.

1. Removed the recovery partition and recreated it, the issue was still there.
    2. Re-installed the windows using “Windows Installation Media”, the issue was still there.
    3. Removed the CMOS battery and re-installed it to reset BIOS, the issue was still there.

Nothing that I do seems to be fixing the issue, and as far as I can see the recovery drive is created perfectly and points to the correct “Boot Manager” and the correct “Windows RE” location.

Note:

1. I have already created a recovery USB as a backup but I need to get to the root cause of why ALT-F10 shortcut to recovery drive is not working.
    2. I cannot see my old hard disk in BIOS but when I start the computer it is available. HDD1 shows as empty in BIOS.

HDD0 - New SSD HardDisk
    HDD1 - Old SATA Hard Disk (Cannot see this in BIOS)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Run cloning again. Then disconnect the old hard drive and check if windows only boots from the new ssd. Then check if the alt+f10 command works on the new ssd.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MohammedKamran
    Options

The old hard doesn’t have OS anymore for a recloning, and there were no issues in the cloning the first time around. I want to get to the root cause of what is missing, I already have a recovery USB drive and a working OS.

Please see the screenshots I attached previously.