Why does my R240HY cycle through all available inputs at startup?

Options
jhansman
jhansman Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

This monitor can take HDMI, RGB, or DVI inputs and cycles through all of them at startup until it discovers that the HDMI input is its connection. Is there any way to set HDMI as the default input or turn off the others so I don't have to wait on its discovery? Sure, it's not a long wait, but it is annoying. TIA.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options

It depends on what is causing it to not recognize the HDMI port as active when first starting. If the computer hasn't initialized the port yet or the monitor hasn't initialized it's main board yet it would act like that. What order are you using when turning things on?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jhansman

Tinkerer

Options

No particular order. All components (PC, monitor, printer, audio) are powered by a Belkin power pad, so they are powered on simultaneously. You bring up a good point, though. If I power on the monitor after I power on the PC, perhaps it will detect its connection to the video card's HDMI port and just proceed with that. Will try that out and report back.

• jhansman

Tinkerer

Options

Sure enough, if I hold off on powering up the display until after the PC is in its boot up routine (say, five seconds) and then turn it on, the login screen is waiting for me. Thanks for the tip; dunno why I this never occurred to me 😶

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,839 Trailblazer
    Options

That makes sense, the GPU in the computer isn't initialized until it starts POST, which is a few seconds after power is applied.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.