SA242Y VESA mount help Are these the top 2 holes or the bottom?

Drexlin
Drexlin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in Monitors

Hello. I recently bought 2 Acer SA242Y from the Acer website. The specs say it is VESA 75x75 compatible. Looking at the back of the monitor, I only see 2 screw holes. What is the proper way to VESA mount these monitors? Are these the top 2 holes or the bottom? Pictures attached...

Link to specs page: https://www.acer.com/us-en/monitors/essential/sa2/pdp/UM.QS2AA.H03

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer

Somehow I was thinking there was an adapter included in the box that clipped in place of the stock stand to provide the bottom two holes for a VESA mount.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Drexlin

Thanks billsey… I was wondering that myself. I checked and double checked the box, but there is no adapter. There is also no mention of one in the manual. Is there a way to get the attention of an Acer representative to answer this, or should I just email customer service?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer

Best to just contact Acer support for that, and let us know what you find out. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hieun
    Hieun Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, Any update on this? recently bought some and looking for way to mount. thanks

• KAD08
    KAD08 Member Posts: 2 New User

Same here. Received monitors today. Only 2 screw holes. Talk to CSR who says specs say there are four. Uh, no sir. There are two. Looking at some monitor adapters to see if I can make something work. Would hate to have to return them. I'm not comfortable with the visa plate only being connected at two points. And, does anyone know if those are the top or bottom holes???? I think bottom but what do I know!

• cenots
    cenots Member Posts: 1 New User

Jumping in here to see if anyone found a mount adapter for these monitors. I'm in the same boat.

• careyes13
    careyes13 Member Posts: 1 New User

Any resolution on this? I just bought two monitors.

• Drexlin

Unfortunately, no solution yet. I think there was someone in my Reddit post who had some luck with an adapter, but I haven't tried it.

Please update if you find a solution. Thanks!

• zZPDJZz
    zZPDJZz Member Posts: 1 New User

I have found this mount https://a.co/d/7MoiFTd

It looks like it fits. I’m going to buy it soon to try with my 2 monitors I just bought. Will update soon with results.