Acer Nitro an17- 71. Can't customize the keyboard colors, animations or areas via Nitrosense!

Options
Delian
Delian Member Posts: 3 New User

Recently I bought the Nitro an17-71 model. Everything works fine except I cannot customize the colors of the rgb keyboard in any way, I can't separate the areas as in the pictures, I cannot apply animated rgbs, etc. Its really frustrating, as this laptop is heavily advertised with its RGB kbd. When I try to change the colors, animations or areas for the RGB via Nitrosense, nothing happens, I use the "pulsating light" menu in Nitrosense… But if I change the laptop mode via Nitrosense or the dedicated button (Quiet, Turbo etc) the keyboard blinks several times in a different color (purple, yellow, white, etc), the dedicated button stays in the color of the selected mode (purple, white, yellow etc), but the kbd goes back to this ugly pale reddish-orange tint… I tried to reinstall Nitrosense, reinstalled windows, drivers, but no success. Am I missing something?

My exact model is: Acer Nitro 17 AN17-71-7768 and everywhere I've looked this model should have animated and customizable rgb keyboard.

Please help!

Best Answer

• Delian
    Answer ✓
    Options

A small update, reinstalled windows, reinstalled all drivers, apps etc, installed C++ redistributable as suggested, and now All Works Fine!!! Nitrosense works perfectly!

Thank you so much!

Answers

• Delian
    Options

Thanks, did this already. Latest BIOS is 1.03, latest Nitrosense is 4.0.705. Also I've installed everything from the support page, drivers, other apps. And as I wrote, everything seems to work just fine, only thing is the rgb colors… I will post screenshots or a short video later.

• Delian
    Answer ✓
    Options

A small update, reinstalled windows, reinstalled all drivers, apps etc, installed C++ redistributable as suggested, and now All Works Fine!!! Nitrosense works perfectly!

Thank you so much!

• AndyDC22
    AndyDC22 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

We just purchased a new AN17-42 and could not stand the default keyboard RGBY strobe effect. We could not find any answers on the internet so we called Acer support. They indicated that the way to change the keyboard Backlight color strobe (which they call "Pulsar Lighting") to a single color was to:
    1. Open NitroSense;
    2. Find "Daily Settings" in the upper right corner;
    3. Click the "Effects" option; 4. Look at the "Pulsar Lighting" options.

You can also set whether the lights stay on permanently or time-out after 30 seconds, but it is done through a completely different function within NitroSense — the "Personalization" screen:
    1. Open NitroSense and select the "Personalization" screen using the tab at the top;
    2. Select "Keyboard" using the small menu on the left;
    3. Use the "Backlight off after 30 seconds" toggle button.