Acer Aspire TC-1760 Why is new PC so slow

Clenno
Clenno Member Posts: 1 New User
I took delivery of an Acer Aspire TC-1760 i3 yesterday, setting up was easy, however, screens are juddery and mouse clicks and typing is lagging. Does anyone have any idea why
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Personally, I would do all the window updates and call ACER support if still bad when just running normal programs for your memory size. Thus you may not have enough RAM to run some programs.

• Hello! Can you record a video of the problem and post it on youtube? It will be easier to visualize.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mathmosman
    Mathmosman Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi - I have exactly the same issue. Did you manage to sort it?

• pf2m4
    pf2m4 Member Posts: 1 New User

My desktop is also slow to bootup and process different requests. I would think an I5 processor should be faster than this. My older ACER desktop with Windows 7 is way faster at booting up than this newer model with Windows 11.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Having a BOOT SSD is very important also look at Task Manager's START UP APP to see what you have enabled also Task Manger's process's to see what is hogging your computer.

ALSO a Model Number, Hard Drive type/size and RAM is very important to post when asking for help.

• Have you checked if the disk is at 100% in task manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)