Acer Nitro N50-610 I9426-JK I recently upgraded my ram. Now I have lower speed

MVisser
MVisser Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I had 2x 8gb ram running at 2666. I think they are 3200 but run at 2666 and they were stock. Now I bought 2x 8gb 3200 (I thought they were the same specs as close as it gets but maybe Im wrong). They were also kingston.

After putting the new sticks in and going from 2x8 to 4x8 gb ram, my speed dropped to 2400. Did I do something wrong or did I forget about something? The ram did increase from 16 to 32gb.

PS: I have been searching online about this issue and the first thing people ask if you can include cpu-z stuff, so I will add those.
And the PC I have is Acer Nitro N50-610 I9426-JK.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate if you take the time to help me

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer

Fairly common with different brands or even batches of 3200MHz modules. In theory, they should automatically adjust to the 2666MHz max double data rate allowed by mainboard bus. But unfortunately in practice not all do or 100% guaranteed. Best to buy modules rated at the same 2666MHz speed as the mainboard if available.

Jack E/NJ

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,825 Trailblazer

I don't think one can tell the difference in performance between 2400 0r 2667 MHz clock speed.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

You need to fit the same spec ram and CL into DIMM #1 to #4 every slot to get the max speed of 2666Mhz that is shown in Task Manager. Below are the Nitro N50-610s desktops memory specs and the Acer recommended ram modules:

The highlighted ram modules are the ones you should be fitting to this desktop which should be 4x into DIMM slots #1 to #4 at DDR4-2666MHz CL17.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer

Fairly common with different brands or even batches of 3200MHz modules. In theory, they should automatically adjust to the 2666MHz max double data rate allowed by mainboard bus. But unfortunately in practice not all do or 100% guaranteed. Best to buy modules rated at the same 2666MHz speed as the mainboard if available. Go to crucial.com, click their check my computer button in right pane and run their scanner for your machine for recommended RAM upgrades.

Jack E/NJ

• Gunsmokingman
    Gunsmokingman Member Posts: 3 New User

I have 4 of the same Kington DDR 4 2667 with the same CL rating. If I have 1 ram in s lot 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 the ram runs at it 2667 speed. If I fill all 4 of the slots, the ram slow down to 2400.

I just wanted to know if this is normal for an Acer Nitro N50 610 computer to do?