Opening Acer Veriton N6640G (VN5W2) Does anyone know the step by step for opening this model?

allnamesarereserverd
allnamesarereserverd Member Posts: 1 New User

I just got a replacement drive for my Veriton N6640G and I'm trying to open the case to install it. I've looked online, and there are a ton of videos for the N4 series, but I've found nothing for N6. I believe I've unscrewed everything, but the thumb screw on the back and a small screw under a side plate. The main case will still not open. I'm not sure if it is damaged in some way or there's a screw I'm missing somewhere. Does anyone know the step by step for opening this model?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

I saw a video on the N46xx that had a side plate to remove (a screw to remove under the side plate) then a screw to remove on the back center, then slide off the cover .

I can't find the video anymore ?

If the top is stuck, sit the unit outside for a few minutes to let it heat, I assume that it is HOT where your are.

• These photos can help:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

I found the video with the side panel and screw underneath plus the screw on the back as the poster referred to the side panel & screw.