Acer P1173 Connect to Monitor I cannot input with hdmi and output to an additional monitor VGA

Options
Projector1212
Projector1212 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2023 in Projectors

Hi,

Would someone explain what this means in regards to how to connect my monitor?

" Selecting "On" enables the function. The projector can output a VGA signal when it is in standby mode and the VGA IN (or VGA IN 1) and VGA OUT sockets are correctly connected to the devices."

I have set the setting to "on", tried both in and out VGA slots and still cannot get the project to display on my desktop (streaming), the screen through the projector and an additional vga connected monitor.

Does this mean I cannot input with hdmi and output to an additional monitor through VGA out?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options

Not exactly sure if I understand what you're trying to do. But unless otherwise marked as a video-in port, the video ports on a desktop PC's integrated or discrete GPUs are usually video-out only.

Jack E/NJ

• Projector1212
    Projector1212 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have the images coming into the projector from an Hdmi cable and I was hoping to project out to another monitor through the projectors vga output. I have set it to on. Per instructions. The instruction'instruction's I quoted only state "…correctly connected to the device" which is very vague. Does this mean for the out to

work I need to the in image to enter through a vga not a hdmi wire?