Acer Aspire Vero AV14-51 will not turn on even if it has battery power.

Options
new_b
new_b Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a new Acer Aspire Vero that I just started using 2 weeks ago and now it won't turn on unless I plug the charging cable in, turn it on then remove it. It still works when you remove the charging cable. it's just that when you try to turn it on, the blue light on the side of the laptop will blink blue and it won't turn on. What could be the cause of this issue.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 9,622 Trailblazer
    Options

A new battery needs to complete a full charge cycle for BIOS and Windows to register the capacity. If you haven't done that you may get the power issues you are getting with your laptop. Charge to 100%, don't use the ACC battery limiter or other battery charging apps. Unplug and drain the battery (by using the laptop) till it turns itself off (hibernate mode), plug-in the adapter, don't boot but let the battery charge to 100% (till the amber LED turns blue) leave it plugged in for a while. Now check if you can boot without the power adapter. If still not possible you need to reset BIOS, boot to BIOS with F2 and press F9 once in BIOS (reset BIOS), save setting and exit BIOS. Boot to Windows and open Device Manager, uninstall the MS ACPI battery drivers (see picture), make sure you are online (internet) and reboot.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell me the bios version too?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • LA_Dave
    LA_Dave Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 10
    Options

I plug the C power cord in to charge and the amber lite comes on then turns blue a few seconds later. I press the power button and the backlight display comes on for a few seconds but the computer does not turn on.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,831 Trailblazer
    Options

Do you have any knowledge in electronics?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)