New SSD, In Acer care center it shows defect for both old and new one.

Options
gnopoint
gnopoint Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2023 in Members Lounge

In the Acer Care center did a Harddrive check and got a message "defect found" and advised to backup my data. I took the machine in and got a new SSD drive. I still get the same message. What is happening? what do I need to do?

[Edited the content to add issue detail]

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    Options

What is the Acer PC model number that you have? What is the SSD type drive, is it an M.2 PCIe 3x4 or Gen 4 or is it a 2.5" SATA SSD? As and if you get the same "defect found" on a brand-new SSD replaced drive, then its the actual PC drive slot that has problems, as and not knowing your PC model number and what type of PC that you have, we are just guessing at an answer.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,503 Trailblazer
    Options

Some of these freeware programs like ACC and HWINFO provide false flags with disk diagnoses, Crystal Disk and Intel SSD Toolbox have favorable reviews. The question is what disk warning/error is really meaningful. Most disk SMART parameters/thresholds are considered proprietary data by disk manufacturers (WD) and you need to run their software to determine the health of the SSD.

• gnopoint
    gnopoint Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The SSD replaced was an Micron 256GB M.2 2280 NGFF SSD (Solid State Drive) 3D NARD TLC SATA III (MTFDDAV256TBN).

The Acer Care Center came installed on my laptop. Should I uninstall it and try another tool? I an a novice at these things

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi @gnopoint,

Please share us the Model name of your device Ex: AN515-55. This will help us to understand the device specifications and assist you better.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,535 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi @gnopoint did you already have Windows installed on the drive or did you do a clean install?
    What version of Windows do you have installed?

Thank you.
    All the best.

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono collaborator, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Colaborador Pro bono, no trabajo o hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you check the health of both drives with crystaldiskinfo? What is the computer model? Example: an515-55-5890.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)