Seeking Support from the Community: My Struggles with Acer Laptop Issues.

Options
Ajay_ak_009
Ajay_ak_009 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited July 2023 in Members Lounge

Dear Community Members,

I hope this message finds you all in good health and spirits. Today, I come to you with a plea for support and understanding as I share my ongoing struggles with my Acer laptop.

My name is Ajay, a 22-year-old student and freelance graphic designer from Himachal Pradesh (India). In pursuit of my passion for graphic designing and freelancing, I worked hard to save up 1.5 lakhs from my earnings in 2021. With excitement and hope, I invested this hard-earned money in an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop, which I believed would be a reliable companion for my creative endeavors.

However, my experience with the laptop has been far from satisfactory. Within a few months of purchase, I started encountering display problems, which were initially resolved by the Acer support team. Unfortunately, the same issue resurfaced after a short while, leaving me frustrated and concerned about the laptop's reliability.

To address the recurrent problem, I raised multiple support tickets, seeking a permanent solution to the display issues. Despite extending the warranty for an additional cost, the laptop continued to exhibit the same problems. Furthermore, during the display replacement process, the laptop's motherboard was inadvertently damaged by one of the Acer engineers, resulting in a significant loss of 40,000 as I missed a crucial client project deadline.

As I sought assistance from the Acer support team, I was met with disappointment and a lack of empathy for the difficulties I have faced. Their proposed solutions were merely temporary fixes, leaving me uncertain about the laptop's future performance and longevity. Despite my sincere efforts to find a reliable and permanent resolution, the company's response has left me feeling helpless and frustrated.

I no longer have faith in the effectiveness of repair work or part replacements, as I suspect they may be sending refurbished or defective parts. Hence, I have decided not to pursue any further display replacements. Instead, I have offered the Acer support team two viable options - either a full refund, including the warranty price, or an upgrade to a model known for its reliability with 2 years extended warranty for same price.

In my pursuit of fair treatment and a reliable laptop that lives up to its promises, I have turned to the community for support. I am sharing my experience with the hope that others may offer insights or suggestions that could lead to a satisfactory resolution. My aim is not to disparage Acer or play any games, but rather to find a fair and permanent solution that upholds my rights as a valued customer.

I genuinely believe in the power of community support and collective wisdom. If anyone has faced similar issues or has successfully resolved similar problems with their laptops, I would greatly appreciate your guidance and advice. I am open to any constructive feedback or recommendations that may lead to a positive outcome.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message and for any support or assistance you can offer. Your understanding and solidarity during this trying time are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ajay

Comments

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,503 Trailblazer
    Options

This is primarily an entry level Gaming laptop that can possibly be used for graphics designing but you would have been much better off with a large OLED screen, Intel IRIS Xe graphics and larger storage capacity. This forum provides the best support available, and we will try to answer your questions related to gaming and other issues you have with your Acer laptop but for after-sales support you need to contact the retailer where you purchased the laptop or Acer Support in your country.

I know this is hindsight but why did you not inform yourself, as a student, thoroughly on the internet about laptops in the $1,000 range, 100% suitable for your line of work? Maybe you can try to trade your laptop in at a reputable PC store?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi Ajay and sorry to read that you are having such problems with your brand-new Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop, as these laptops are a fairly high-end spec Acer laptop and should have no components and/or software problems, as these problems should not be happening with a new laptop especially with its screen. Please tell us what exact Predator Helios 300 laptop model number you have (its written on a sticker on the underside of the laptop, and it should be something like PH-315-xx-xxxx) as Acer support should have replaced the LCD screen and fixed the screen issues and any other issues 100% so that your laptop works as it should for a new laptop of such quality.

Note, that the only thing that this community can do is to try and help/advise you what to tell Acer support to fix and to try and assist you to fix the faulty issues that you have with your laptop, this community is not officially Acer, but Acer officials do read these posts and your post above could be taken higher up and resolved? The best and for full technical support and action, you need to contact Acer in Himachal Pradesh (India) and demand a fix for your laptop, especially when these problems have happened since your Predator Helios 300 laptop is new.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

In addition it would help a lot to know just what issues you have been experiencing. Without knowing what symptoms you are seeing it's tough to try and help with solutions. Do be aware that the community isn't a gateway to support at all, so you shouldn't expect any response from Acer via the forums.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ajay_ak_009

Tinkerer

Options

Hi @Puraw , I bought this laptop based on the storekeeper's suggestion. However, my initial budget was only 90k (around $900-$1000). The storekeeper assured me that this was one of the best laptops in the market, reliable, and perfect for my needs. It comes with a QHD 165hz LCD display, an i9 11th gen CPU, and an RTX 3060 GPU. Even when I asked him for an extended warranty, he convinced me that there was no need for it as the company trusts this product so much, and currently, it is not available for this model (those were his exact words). However, I already had plans to upgrade its warranty in the future. Trusting his advice, I chose this laptop, thinking it was an excellent investment that would support me in my endeavors for at least 6-8 years.

• Ajay_ak_009

Tinkerer

Options

Hi @billsey and @StevenGen, I hope you both are doing well. I understand that I may not have been very clear in my previous posts, so I want to reiterate my issue once again and provide more context. I have had a terrible experience with Acer, and I feel like all my dreams were shattered within just a year of purchasing their laptop.

My main concern is that I expected a good, reliable machine, especially considering the shopkeeper's assurance that it was a premium laptop with excellent reliability. That's why I invested my entire year's hard-earned money into it. However, within just a few months, I started experiencing repeated problems with the laptop, and I'm now questioning whether these issues were always there, but I only noticed them later.

The current situation is even worse. When I had the display replaced by an Acer engineer, he ended up damaging the motherboard. Although they fixed the motherboard, the display problem resurfaced again. This has led me to doubt the honesty and professionalism of the service center and engineers, and I even suspect that they might be using refurbished parts for replacements or forwarding damaged parts from one user to another.

At this point, I'm left wondering if replacing just the display will solve the problem or if it will occur again after a few months. That's why I'm requesting either a full refund or an upgrade to another model within the same market price range, with a 2-year extended warranty. I'm not asking for anything extra, just a fair solution.

Please understand that I'm not trying to play games with Acer. In fact, I could have complained when the engineer damaged the motherboard due to his unfamiliarity with the process. I forgot to mention that he used a paper knife to remove the display and a screwdriver to disassemble the chassis, which only added to my frustration. Even after that, I tried to get a replacement, but it didn't work. So now, I don't want any more repair or display replacement work.

I know that the community is not Acer's team itself, but I'm here to share my experience with the poor service provided by Indian customer executives. It's not the customer but the bad service and unprofessionalism that is causing all the issues. I hope my message reaches people from all over the globe, and even the Acer official team, so they can see what's going on in the community page.

Thank you for listening and offering your support. I really appreciate it.

• Ajay_ak_009

Tinkerer

Options
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,308 Community Administrator
    Options

Hello @Ajay_ak_009,

Thank you for your participation. We genuinely apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with your notebook repair. We understand how frustrating this can be.

I want to clarify that while this forum is primarily a peer-to-peer community where users support each other, we, the moderators, are here to be your advocates and to keep the forums organized and running smoothly. While I may not have direct access to your account I will be happy to escalate your case to the support review and follow up with you.

I've sent you a private message asking for some information in order to so so, please check your inbox at your convenience.

Best Regards,

Acer-Ingrid

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,503 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023
    Options

How much did you end up paying as the i9 goes for $1,600 on Amazon?

• Ajay_ak_009

Tinkerer

Options

I purchased the laptop for around $1500 to $1550, which was slightly less than the current listing price on Amazon or flipkart and i bought it from a authorized acer store.