Still did not get the windiows 11 update to my ACER SP314-54N

Options
Widyan
Widyan Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited July 2023 in Windows 11

I'm using ACER SP314-54N i5 unit and I saw in the website that this model eligible with Windows 11 but still not receive the automatic update in the update section. "Coming soon: Windows 11, version 22H2" this message is showing for years now. can anyone help with matter?

Regards,
Widyan Sajith

Best Answers

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Acer has a full set of Windows 11 drivers for your SP314-54N model, so the issue must be with either Microsoft or your Windows profile. Do you get other automatic updates?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,437 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Run the Update Troubleshooter: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update-troubleshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd#WindowsVersion=Windows_10

Click on Check for updates frequently and make sure you don't have any rogue drivers in Device manager, uninstall all yellow exclamation marks and Unknown Devices in Device Manager. As per the comment above: Did you get the Windows10 update from last Tuesday 11/12 July OK?

• Widyan
    Options

Hi all,
    Did all the process that I can, But the still did not get the update.
    I'm getting all the windows 10 updates. once I chat with windows team that they told the product manufacture is ready to install the win.11 it will show in the update section.
    I'm planning to reset the windows if not work all other processes."
    Any suggestions?

• Widyan
    edited July 2023
    Options

The update is not yet available for your device

"A safeguard hold is currently in place on your device. Details are not available at this time. When the update is available, you’ll see it on the Windows Update page in Settings."
    Above is the message coming from the windows side when they check through the Safeguard holds. :-( I'm feeling so sad with ACER even they don't have direct email system or chat portal.
    Previously I used DELL and they provide really good service.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023
    Options

Best way to get Win-11 is to first backup your existing Win-10 personal files and do a Clean Install of Win-11 with this Win-11 .ISO from this link as upgrading from Win-10 is not a full install and does create allot of bugs, and as you will experience that you will have to eventually do a clean install of Win-11 anyway if you do an upgrade only, do the below installation as that is the best way to install Win-11.

Note: Before you start the Win-11 installation, have a copy of the unzipped IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version: 17.8.0.1065 on a separate USB, so that and after you have deleted the SP314-54N laptops M.2 boot drive (so that all Win-10 traces of data is cleared out completely from the boot drive) you need to install this driver and then Format the M.2 SSD boot drive so that the SP314-54N laptops M.2 boot drive is recognized so you can proceed with the Win-11 installation. To install Win-11 from a .ISO file do the below:

Download Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) for x64 devices.

This option is for users that want to create a bootable installation media (USB flash drive, DVD) or create a virtual machine (.ISO file) to install Windows 11. This download is a multi-edition ISO which uses your product key to unlock the correct edition.

Installation instructions (ISO):

• If you want to install Windows 11 directly from the ISO file without using a DVD or USB flash drive, you can do so by mounting the ISO file. This will perform an upgrade of your current operating system to Windows 11.
    • To mount the ISO file:
      • Go to the location where you downloaded the ISO file. Then, right-click the ISO file and select  Properties .
      • On the "General" tab, click "Change…" where it says, “Opens with:" and select Windows Explorer for the program you would like to use to open ISO files and select  Apply .
      • Right-click the ISO file and select  Mount .
      • This will create a “virtual” bootable disc. Double-click on it to view the files within. Double-click setup.exe  to start Windows 11 setup.

• billsey
    Options

Be aware that a clean install like that will remove all your Acer specific apps, so is only recommended as a last resort. A safeguard hold means you are in a business or school environment and your IT department has blocked the update. You need to contact them to remove the hold before the update will happen automatically.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Widyan
    Options

No this is my personal laptop.

I have to try reset the windows 10 and see. If the issue remaining I'll do clean installation.

• billsey
    Options

Has it ever been joined to a domain or configured for use in a school?

• Widyan
    Options

No, never.

I guess some bugs or any setting mistakenly changed

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,797 Pathfinder
    Options

@Widyan did you try using the Windows 11 installation assistant? It will try to find the latest Windows 11 update and upgrade from Windows 10 without needing to reset everything.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Widyan
    Options

I remember one Microsoft person asked me to install that and check but it says the same when update available it will popup.

• billsey
    Options

Yeah, use the update assistant and choose download now.

• Widyan
    Options

Great thanks I'll try. But only can try it in this weekend.Doing

• billsey
    Options

Let us know how well it works.

• Widyan
    Options

Thanks all,

Through the install assistant able to upgrade to Win.11 and all the Apps that I have installed is there as well.

• Widyan
    Options

Do anyone know that how can I delete the old windows files safely

• billsey
    Options

Yes, though the easiest way to do that is to use Disk Cleanup, then Cleanup System Files.

• Widyan
    Options

Tried that and manually clean the %tremp% as well.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,797 Pathfinder
    Options

@Widyan try using disk cleanup to clean the Windows.old folder

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Widyan
    Options

Thanks for replying. I tried it several times. But it seems to be installed apps using much space here.