Acer Chromebook 315 - Acer Travelmate P258 Series. Are The Parts Inter-exchangable

Supercult
Supercult Member Posts: 6 New User

Can I Install Internal Component's Between An Acer Chromebook 315 And Acer Travelmate P258 Series??? And If So What Type Of Internal Components Can Be Put In My Acer Chromebook 315 From An Acer Travelmate P258 Series

Answers

• Supercult

Why Doesn't My Acer Travelmate P258 Power on Anymore.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

Very likely not, except for commodities like a drive or perhaps memory. Laptop designs are very specific to their model lines.

Now, as to your issue with powering it on. Which P258 model do you have? Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like P258-xxx-xxxx. Which OS is running on it? What behaviors do you have? Do you see any lights when you plug the charger in? Do they change at all when you press the power button? Does it act differently if you press and hold the power button for a while?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Supercult
    edited August 2023

My Acer TravelMate P258 Series, Model: N15Q1.

S/N: NXVC7AA0016XXXX

What Is A "MFG Date?" Mine Says 2016/11/18.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,860 Trailblazer

Manufacturing Date. According to a Google search your model is a P258-M-39D1, designed for the India market. I'll ask the moderators to edit your SN, you aren't supposed to post the full numbers. You didn't answer any of my other questions…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.