Fixmypc4meuk
Fixmypc4meuk Member Posts: 2 New User

already upgraded GPU to 1030 Ram to 16GB and boot HHD drive to M2

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Nope, the chipset is 10th gen only.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023

These are all the CPUs and upgrades that I recommend that you do to improve your desktops performance, as you can't just upgrade the CPU. Acer fitted the following CPUs to the Aspire XC-895 desktop, the CPU that this desktop board works with is an Intel socket LGA 1200 and the top CPU that Acer fitted to this desktop board was the i7-10700. If you want to do a quick and cheap upgrade fit the i7-10700 CPU and increase the ram to 32GB (2 x 16GB DDR4, see modules below) and fit a quick PCIe 3x4 type M.2 SSD drive like either a Samsung 970 Plus NVMe or a WD SN750 Black NVMe M.2 drive, as this will improve this desktops performance by at least 100% over your oem i3-10100 CPU setup.

This is the Acer fitted RAM modules for the XC-895 desktop. Do a Crucial System Scan as Crucial might have DDR4-3200Mhz type ram that is quicker and also compatible with this desktop that they make.

• Fixmypc4meuk
    Fixmypc4meuk Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks, I've done all the other upgrades (went to 32GB ram yesterday) just wondered if the bios / motherboard supported a 11 or 12 series Cpu

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Nope, the chipset is 10th gen only.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.