Predator sense not reading correctly after win update.

Options
Jayffjbvfybvvg
Jayffjbvfybvvg Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited January 23 in Predator Laptops

I thought my laptop was as broken after I accidentally pressed the update button for windows! But it seems it just doesn’t read properly. Task manager shows correct usage but predator sense says my cpu doesn’t work anymore. After googling I see this problem being reported a year ago so surely they must have fixed it by now?
The post I see are people asking and getting told there’s a bug but no one has come back to say how to fix it?

Answers

• Jayffjbvfybvvg

Tinkerer

Options

actually maybe it’s more than just visual my laptop seems to be running hotter! I always take care not to let temps get too
    high to make it last longer, now I’m scared to play on it.

is there a fix?
    maybe I can roll back the update somehow?

• Jayffjbvfybvvg

Tinkerer

edited July 2023
    Options

is there anybody that can help? I’m not too computer savvy

• Jayffjbvfybvvg

Tinkerer

Options

No, do you know how to fix?

• Jayffjbvfybvvg

Tinkerer

Options

I updated all my drivers and it didn’t do anything. But I see there’s no windows 11 drivers for predator sense the latest is for 10. So have ACER stoped updating this app, is this the reason it no longer works?

• Jayffjbvfybvvg

Tinkerer

Options

The only driver I cant update is predator sence. So I guess ACER have discontinued it unfortunately!

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,867 Trailblazer
    Options

Clicking on the Check for Updates button in Windows11 and downloading/installing a Windows11 update won't corrupt a properly installed and fully maintained Windows11 system nor can that "break" the CPU. I don't know why you are thinking this?

If Predator sense is not working, you should download version 11 from Acer Support for your laptop model and install that.  Predator version 12 applications for Windows11 have not yet been released.

• Jayffjbvfybvvg

Tinkerer

Options

Just cause there’s a thousand post online about people upgrading windows and then predator sense stop working. As is the case for me. It won’t read the temps no matter what. I downloaded the latest driver from the ACER website it does not work..

• ALnaqib111
    ALnaqib111 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options