Acer Aspire XC-830 Continuous boot up sound (loud high pitch), it won’t stop and says “No signal” on

Atgylbf
Atgylbf Member Posts: 2 New User

I don’t know what could be the root problem of this desktop computer, anyone has an idea?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,948 Trailblazer

Hi @Atgylbf can you please indicate the exact model of the computer and the version of Windows installed?

I understand that it is a desktop computer, what port do you use to connect the monitor?

Did I try another port or cable?

Before the problem, was there any change in the equipment?

Can you tell me the model of the BIOS to try to find out what the long beep indicates?

Thank you.
    Greetings.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Atgylbf
    Atgylbf Member Posts: 2 New User

It’s the Acer Aspire XC-830 and it currently runs windows 11. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to find the BIOS model. I use VGA pin to connect both monitor and cpu

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited July 2023

Try unplugging, holding the power button for 30 seconds or more then release and plug in , then reboot.

Unplug everything including the keyboard and mouse from the USB.

Shred off your RAMS, swapping them around if possible to eliminate them

Reset the bios with the jumper

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,948 Trailblazer

Okay, I'll tell you about the meaning of a long beep when turning on the equipment:

• AMI BIOS: Electrical problem
    • Award/Phoenix BIOS: RAM or graphics card not recognized
    • IBM BIOS Electrical or graphics card error

Run CPU-Z and see if it shows any problems:

Thank you.
    All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

A continuous beep at startup is a memory error. Try reseating your memory to find out of that clears it up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.