Does acer veriton m6610g support Sata 3 ? I want to use an SSD

Options
silver2023
silver2023 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an acer veriton m6610g which uses a 7200rpm HDD atm and I want to upgrade it to a 500mb/s sata ssd but not sure if it has sata 3 support or it's only sata 2 ? I don't want to lose a % of the ssd speed.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hello! Check this information:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • silver2023
    Options

Hey thank you! How can I know which one is the sata 3 exactly ? I'm a bit confused

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,599 Trailblazer
    Options

As egydiocoelho commented, the 2.5" Sata interface that is connected to your mechanical HDD is SATA-3 so the 500MB SATA SSD, that you're planning to replace the HDD with, will be fully compatible. Have you considered the 2.5" Samsung Evo 870 Plus V-NAND SSD ($60)?

• silver2023
    Options

I know that they fail a lot, seen everyone complaining so I'm going with crucial one instead

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

This site can help you choose: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Veriton-M6610G/17958

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)