Unable to download any software supported for Predator Orion P03-630

Options
purpxd
purpxd Member Posts: 2 New User

I have attempted to download the PredatorSense software and Acer Care Center software after resetting my pc. I have faced the error message, "Sorry!, This computer isn't supported" when i launch the setup.exe. I have made sure I am downloading the same software as what is supported by my computer.

Answers

• salmasial
    salmasial Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

If you're encountering the error message "Sorry!, This computer isn't supported" when trying to install the PredatorSense and Acer Care Center software on your computer, there could be a few possible reasons for this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Compatibility: Ensure that you're downloading the correct version of the software that is compatible with your specific computer model and operating system. Check the Acer support website or the product documentation for the exact software version required for your system.
    2. Check System Requirements: Verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the software. Ensure that your operating system version, processor, memory, and available storage space meet the software's requirements.
    3. Official Sources: Download the software only from official sources such as the Acer website or their authorized software distribution channels. Obtaining software from unofficial or third-party websites may lead to compatibility issues or potential security risks.
    4. Antivirus/Firewall: Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software on your computer before running the installation file. Sometimes, security software can interfere with the installation process or block certain components, causing errors.
    5. Run as Administrator: Right-click on the setup.exe file and select "Run as administrator." This step ensures that the installation process has the necessary permissions to modify system settings and install the software.
    6. Clean Boot: Perform a clean boot on your computer to eliminate any conflicting software or processes that might be interfering with the installation. To do this, type "msconfig" in the Windows search bar, open the System Configuration utility, go to the "Services" tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box, then click "Disable all." Next, go to the "Startup" tab and click "Open Task Manager." Disable all the listed startup items. Finally, restart your computer and try installing the software again.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it's recommended to reach out to Acer customer support or consult their online forums for further assistance. They will have more specific knowledge about your computer model and may be able to provide you with the appropriate solution.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

Heheh, aren't the new AI tools nifty? :) First step is to verify that you have the correct version of PS for your model, they have different versions for different models. Next is to fire up your BIOS and verify the model name is correct for your PO3-630 (BTW, it's PO3 as in Predator Orion, not P03 as in Predator Zero). Sometimes a glitch during a BIOS update will add extra characters to the system model.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • purpxd
    purpxd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

The name in the bios is different to what it should be. How do I change this?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

What is the BIOS reporting for the name? There is a hack you can do to the installer to allow it to install when the BIOS has a corrupted name.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.