Aspire switch 10 E(SW3-013) windows 10 upgrade is not available

Options
MinaAbdelmalak
MinaAbdelmalak Member Posts: 1 New User

Dears,

I have a laptop Aspire Switch 10 E (SW3-013), and I need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10:

I have tried all ways to upgrade from Windows itself and from a bootable flash drive and also from Microsoft itself.

The error given is Please contact your manufacturer when I got back to Acer website for the laptop model, it gives please contact Microsoft.

Do you have any idea about how to update from windows 8 to windows 10 at 2023?

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,870 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer is supporting the Windows10 32 and 64 bit versions for your laptop, but Microsoft completely ended Windows 8.1 support on January 10, 2023, so you won't get updates and automatic upgrades to W10 anymore.

You will have to do a Clean install of Windows10 following this tutorial:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html
    Make sure that you backup your personal files first as your drive will be wiped clean and also have your installation disks (Office-Adobe, etc.) ready as all those programs will be gone too. Use your W8 product key to activate W10, if Windows came preinstalled on your PC, the product key should appear on a sticker on your device.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,961 Trailblazer
    Options

Typically the issue when doing an upgrade is the disk space, since those came with very small eMMC drives. As suggested, a clean install is likely your best bet for W10, use the 32bit version since it takes up less room and you don't have enough memory to really use the 64bit version.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.