Is there a chance i cand find a processor for my Acer Predator Triton 300 PT315-52-79LP

Options
pelikanu
pelikanu Member Posts: 4 New User
edited July 2023 in Predator Laptops

So, i got a Acer Predator Triton 300 PT315-52-79LP 3 years ago, in 2020. Last week while playing, the laptop sudenly stopped. The service where i took it to look on it told me that the processor had a fault and they cant do anything to it because those processors can't be found anymore (10th gen Intel® Core™ i7-10750H, to be more specific), I also looked everywhere on the internet and i couldn't find one anywhere. But how come that a processor for a laptop relatively new cant be found no more 3 years later from it's manufacturing? What I'm am curious of is that anyone had this problem or a similar one and can tell me what I could do, any advice would be very apreciated. And if there is nothing I could do to repair it, is there a chance i still get some money of selling it? I also have to mention that the warranty is expired so it's not an option. Thank you very much for any response.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Just in addition and for your information, the Predator Triton that you have PT315-52-79LP is an upper level gaming laptop, laptop parts work on supply and demand and that is why its harder to find these PT315-52-79LP motherboards. All laptop cpus for the last 10 years have always been soldered onto the motherboards and Intel or AMD don’t sell these cpu’s separately like they do desktops cpu’s, hence and why you can’t buy the i7-10750H cpu for your laptop. The only thing you can do is buy a new motherboard that fits your laptop and Acer makes for your Predator Triton PT315-52.

The below boards are all the boards that Acer fitted to the PT315-52 laptops and are all the boards that will fit into your PT315-52 case, search the web by the Acer part numbers and see what is available for sale, as that will be cheaper than getting it from Acer direct in your country who you can also contact and see if they can get this replacement board for your laptop with the i7-10750H and whatever gpu that your board has? Best is to get the part number from your old board and see the list below and search the exact Acer part number from the part numbers below, as there are 4x i7-10750H different cpu and gpu boards for your laptop, as a board swap is a pretty easy job to do and any computer savvy person can do for a laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

I think the CPU is not available because it's a BGA type socket CPU, it can only be soldered to the motherboard, you can buy another motherboard and replace the faulty MB but it's not economically viable, MBs are way too expensive, you could buy a new laptop and sell this laptop as faulty in any auction site.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    edited July 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Just in addition and for your information, the Predator Triton that you have PT315-52-79LP is an upper level gaming laptop, laptop parts work on supply and demand and that is why its harder to find these PT315-52-79LP motherboards. All laptop cpus for the last 10 years have always been soldered onto the motherboards and Intel or AMD don’t sell these cpu’s separately like they do desktops cpu’s, hence and why you can’t buy the i7-10750H cpu for your laptop. The only thing you can do is buy a new motherboard that fits your laptop and Acer makes for your Predator Triton PT315-52.

The below boards are all the boards that Acer fitted to the PT315-52 laptops and are all the boards that will fit into your PT315-52 case, search the web by the Acer part numbers and see what is available for sale, as that will be cheaper than getting it from Acer direct in your country who you can also contact and see if they can get this replacement board for your laptop with the i7-10750H and whatever gpu that your board has? Best is to get the part number from your old board and see the list below and search the exact Acer part number from the part numbers below, as there are 4x i7-10750H different cpu and gpu boards for your laptop, as a board swap is a pretty easy job to do and any computer savvy person can do for a laptop. Good luck and hope this helps you out some more.

• pelikanu
    Options

Thank you very much for your response, it helps a lot, I already wrote to Acer support and Im waiting for an offer of the motherboard as i write this message. even tho they told me before that they are expensive.. if its beyond what I can afford, i will just try to sell it as it is, but i dont know if I would get to much out of it

• pelikanu
    Options

Thank you very much for your responde, I aprecciate it

• That_Guy_Brian
    That_Guy_Brian Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Just seen your post and am shaking my head reading it. I have the exact same laptop bought around the same time (Nov 2020) and suffered the exact same fate only a few weeks after you.

Was sitting using it and it just went off. Screen went blank and power didn't seem to be getting to it.

Sent it back to where I bought it from and they replied but didn't sound too sure as to what the exact cause of the problem was.

All they said was something about a probable power surge and that the mainboard would need replaced. They quoted a cost of £2,436 to mend it. I told them it barely cost half of that brand new and declined their offer. They sent it back to me broken. I still have it.

But what are the chances of more than one person suffering the exact same fault from the same batch at around the same time? I don’t know but something definitely smells rotten here.

How did you get on with your Triton, did you get it fixed or did you sell it for parts?

• pelikanu
    Options

I still have it. A service offered me 100 euros on it but i refused, tried to sell it broken but didnt manage. I got a PC in the mean time and im ok, but id like to take it to another service when i can just for my well being. One thing is sure, i aint getting gaming laptops ever. But as u said, its really weird that we had the same problem at the same laptop, maybe its a common problem. but at a laptop that expensive, its really wierd