Camera not working correctly. Picture blurry for Zoom sessions.

Options
phorgan
phorgan Member Posts: 2 New User

Camera not working correctly. Picture blurry for Zoom sessions.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,954 Trailblazer
    Options

What is your laptops model number, if a camera doesn't work properly and its "blurry for Zoom sessions" and your laptop is under warranty then send it to Acer so that it can be fixe under warranty, if your laptop is out of warranty, then first uninstall the driver through Device Manager and reinstall the driver again, if this doesn't fix the problem then you have hardware camera issues that need inspecting and your laptops to be disassembled, as it could be a cable or the actual camera that its cable is broken and needs to be repaired or the camera is faulty and needs to be replaced? If you would have given us your laptops model number, we could give you a more detailed repair answer and appropriate parts that you will need to repair your camera.

• phorgan
    phorgan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

It is not my laptop. I bought a new Acer monitor with a little camera on top for my desktop computer so I could have a video for my Zoom calls. I have a laptop that has a built in camera and it works fine but the camera is nit working. I tried it once before and it was fine but now, it is very blurry and not in focus. Might have to return monitor. Hoping for a fix though.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Is there a plastic film over the lens that needs to be peeled off? They usually ship that way…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@phorgan

You say " I tried it once before and it was fine but now, it is very blurry and not in focus. "

Did the camera came along with the new monitor or you just plug it as a external device.

Sometimes a simple system restore will fix the issue.. 

Try windows x
    click on power shell admin or command prompt admin 
    type rstrui
    chose an earlier date on which your computer was working fine  
    click on next, finish, yes
    It will restore your computer to an earlier date 
    if you get an message - system restore not completed - click on close 
    It will show you all the icons..
    Try and check whether it is working now ..

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★