Can I Use 2TB SSD in Nitro 5 AN517-54?

Options
tvr4
tvr4 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited May 2 in Nitro Gaming

Can I use a 2TB SSD in my Nitro AN517-54 ?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options

No; you have two slots, you can install M.2 NVMe Gen 4 SSD up to 1TB, you can use a M.2 NVMe Gen 3 SSD or a M.2 SATA SSD 1TB in the second slot

• tvr4
    tvr4 Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Bummer. Then I am committed to getting the HDD to work. My apps and data are just under 1TB now.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,877 Trailblazer
    Options
  • Harshu814
    Harshu814 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 1
    Options

so I recently put Samsung 990 Pro 2TB Nvme SSD in my nitro 5 517-54 and it was little complicated since VMD was turned on for default WD drive on win11 and i had to turn it off and install win10 in samsung drive.
    now I found out that m.2 slot 2 in 517-54 does not support pcie 4 and my samsung 990 pro only gave half the speeds so I switched it to slot 1 and I got the best perfomance out of it as advertised by samsung and system also showed it was working on pcie4.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Options

The below caption shows the Nitro 5 AN517-54 storage specs as listed by Acer in this laptops service guide, Storage max capacity in windows OS is determined by the format of the drive and NOT the laptop, this is especially with the this laptop having both M.2 drives as Gen 4 and this latop that has one Gen 4 and one Gen 3 M.2 drives.

The capcity of a drive is determined by the drive format as GUID (GPT) format have a max capacity limit of 8 petabytes (1 petabyte = 1000TB) and the old MBR/Legacy format is limited to 2.2TB in windows. So, a 1Tb or a 2TB or a 4TB Gen 4x4 M.2 drive will work in this laptop perfectly as it will work with the 2nd M.2 SSD slot with the Gen 4 x4 or Gen 3x4 M.2 slot. Good luck.

Nitro AN517-54 Storage specs for laptops with the GTX1650Ti or RTX3050 or RTX3050Ti

Nitro AN517-54 Storage specs for laptops with the RTX3060 and the RTX3070 gpu's

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍