Acer Nitro 27 Monitor XZ272UV Screen Shivering and Artifacts

Options
JamesSMartin
JamesSMartin Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2023 in Monitors

I have had my Acer Nitro 27~ 165Hrx 2k Monitor for about a month. Was working fine. Now I get random screen shovers and artefacts.

Tried different cables both DP and HDMI and different

Took these shots of my desktop using my phone. These are still from a 30 sec vid.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

refresh rates. Nothing.

Any help gratefully received!

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

@JamesSMartin

It might be a cable issue..   Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check. If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

We need to determine whether it is a issue with monitor or computer or cables.   We also need to narrow down or isolate the issue.    

Try to use this monitor on a different computer and check.   If the monitor is working fine on the other computer then the issue is on the computer side.  Try to use an alternative monitor to your computer and check it.     If you are facing the same problem on the alternative monitor then again the problem is on the computer side.    It might also  be the issue with cables.   Try to use alternative cables and check.    Check whether they are connected properly.  Try to reseat the cables and check.   Tried to reconnect the cables properly. 

If it is a software issue on the computer then follow the steps given below:

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver – uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Dont restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

That type of artifact is almost always a cable or EMI issue. Reroute the cable and try a different one to see if it makes any difference.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JamesSMartin
    Options

Thanks for all the tips. Nothing helped. The main thing for me is that after trying different cables and reinstalling GPU drivers I used an ACER laptop and mirrored screen to Monitor with my PC Off. Same issue on the monitor and picture looked fine on the laptop itself. Must be the monitor right?

• JamesSMartin
    Options

Tried DP and HDMI cables in different ports. Same problem.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Yup, if you have tried different cables and different computers connected to the monitor, and they all show the symptoms then you have it pinned own to the monitor itself. It can still be a cabling issue, but it's likely the cable that runs between the main board and the display internal to the monitor.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.