Acer AN-515-58 I installed DTS, no sound how can I fix it

beytullah_caglayan
beytullah_caglayan Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Hello friends, I bought a new laptop Acer AN-515-58 model DTS is available, I installed the software beautifully. All of the software and programs are working, but after installing DTS and saying restart, the PC starts up, the speaker etc. appears in the settings, but there is no sound, how can I fix it, I searched a lot and couldn't find it.

Note: First I install the Realtek driver, then I install DTS, I complete the licensing etc. DTS sound board works, then DTS Ultra X also works, but this time there is no sound. When I reinstall the Realtek driver, the sound is heard, but this time the licensing on the DTS sound board is gone.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,816 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023

You don’t reinstall any of the audio drivers especially the Realtek driver, as doing that is the reason why your audio has stopped working. The DTS should be installed and should work with the audio as it is on your AN515-58 laptop from Acer and in Win-11. The DTS software is an audio booster and enhancer and has nothing to do with the audio drivers. Refresh all the major audio drivers like the Realtek, Intel and Nvidia in Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers and see if that will regenerate the default audio on your laptop, if not then you need to reinstall all audio drivers. Audio on these laptops is not only governed by the Realtek audio driver only, as you have the Intel and Nvidia or if you have AMD audio drivers then these drivers also have a bearing on your audio output of your laptop. Btw, I use FXSound on my Nitro AN515-56 and that works perfectly and its free and all I did is install the FXSound software and its presets and it works perfectly and is a great sound enhancer.

• beytullah_caglayan

Tinkerer

edited June 2023

I still don't know how to fix the problem

• beytullah_caglayan

Tinkerer

my sound drivers are up to date, i downloaded all drivers from acer site. I do a normal flat install realtek > dts sound card > dts ultra and after reboot on latest install no sound I'm using windows 11, in sound settings it shows speaker but no sound

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,574 Trailblazer

Uninstall Realtek in Safe Mode with DDU from Wagnardsoft.com, reboot and let W11 reinstall Realtek.

• beytullah_caglayan

Tinkerer

After uninstalling the Realtek driver with DDU, when windows installs the automatic realtek driver, I shouldn't reinstall the realtek driver I downloaded from the acer site, should I? i will just install dts

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,574 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023

DTS and Realtek are a pain, I just allowed Windows11 to update my DTS APO with a 2022 software "extension" and when playing music DTS failed to open. You never install with Windows11, even DTS don't install, roll back (update) there are 2 software drivers in Software Components, DTS APO and DTS Hardware that you can roll back in Properties>Driver>Update>Browse my computer>Let me pick from a list and choose an older version, once you got the audio working you can update to the later version again. I uninstalled DTS in Safe Mode under Audio Processing Objects (at the top in Device Manager) and Windows11 reinstalled it perfectly so don't worry about that device. So there are 2 DTS software apps and the main DTS program. I would not uninstall DTS in Windows Programs and apps, use Device Manager.

• CGW
    CGW Member Posts: 2 New User

Windows 11 recently auto update my Realtek drivers too and totally stop my sound from working. Had to disable all Realtek drivers and reinstall again from Acer drivers page.