Why my display is showing no signal though the smps and cpu fan is working,I have changed the RAM

Luapshankar
Luapshankar Member Posts: 1 New User

my display is showing no signal though the cpu and smps fan is working and also the dvd writer connected is opening as well.I have changed the RAM,Bios,changed the SATA cable and Sata ports.Also to mention that the hdd led is also not blinking, kindly help

Answers

• Thomasred
    Thomasred Member Posts: 1 New User

Despite the fact that the linked DVD writer is opening and the CPU and SMPS fans are running, my display is not showing any signal.I replaced the RAM, the BIOS, the SATA cable, and the Sata ports.Please assist; I should also clarify that the HDD led is not blinking.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Double check your monitor and connection.

Also

Remove power and all cables from the desktop, and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug power back in to the desktop and see if the computer will power on.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023

The power supply fan and the DVD player only require power, they don't require that the system is running at all. It sounds like the motherboard power initialization circuit is working, which takes the momentary contact of the power button and uses it to turn the power supply on. So, we know the power supply either works or works just enough to turn on it's fan and power the DVD, but we don't know for sure the power supply can power up the rest of the motherboard. More likely the power supply is working as intended and the motherboard isn't coming up fully. There are a lot of things that the motherboard does in order to get setup to run POST, and one of the earlier things it does is to initialize the display circuits. Since you aren't getting anything on the display we know that isn't getting completed.

To go any further really, we will need to know what machine you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxx. All we can guess at this point is you have an Acer Desktop and that it's old enough to still have a HDD light.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.