XB271HU Can i fix my own HDMI port, or alternatively run the display at 1440p through USB 3.0?

Options
mbf1234
mbf1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in Predator Monitors

So i use my XB271HU for both work and gaming, for work i switch to the HDMI port, however the HDMI port is not in a good state, it has had a lose connection ever since i started using it.

Is it possible to replace it myself? (its beyond warranty), or can i alternatively run the display through USB3.0 at 1440p?

It seems foolish to have to get a new monitor because of a HDMI port :).

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,808 Pathfinder
    Options

@mbf1234 can you use the DisplayPort as another option? Because the USB ports are just for plugging peripheral devices. If you can't use the DP, you will need to take it to an electronics shop for replacing the HDMI port.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • mbf1234
    mbf1234 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

@AnhEZ28 i already use the DP port for my gaming computer, then i switch input modes.

I guess i could get a DP switch, if they come in 165hz.

Ill check it out, was just wondering if there was an alternative :).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

It really depends on which ports are loaded with your specific XB271HU. There were lots of different models within that series. Likely the best solution, assuming your HDMI problems aren't actually cable problems, is to have a decent technician replace the port connector.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.