Screen Lines/top left screen fade quite how to fix it without sending back for warranty repair?

dannyw132000
dannyw132000 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hi All

Wondering what these lines are on my screen, they go invisible when display has bright colours or white but visible when dark or black, white When pressing down on thr the top left screen they fade quite a bit

any idea how to fix it without sending back for warranty repair?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,230 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

@dannyw132000 it is mostly impossible to fix these lines on the screen. You will have to send the laptop back for warranty repair. These lines are caused by the keyboard from my view. Make sure that you do not put any pressure on the screen when the laptop is closed or close the laptop lid immediately when it is still hot.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓

@dannyw132000 it is mostly impossible to fix these lines on the screen. You will have to send the laptop back for warranty repair. These lines are caused by the keyboard from my view. Make sure that you do not put any pressure on the screen when the laptop is closed or close the laptop lid immediately when it is still hot.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,952 Guru

Hi,

As explained earlier, it was most likely caused by excessive pressure of the cover against the keyboard.

Still, you can try to "exercise" your screen with JScreenFix.

• dannyw132000
    dannyw132000 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thanks Fellas, it makes sense, that does look like a key on the bottom part!

do you think this will be accepted as a warranty repair?

i will try the jscreenfix too, thanks

• AnhEZ28

@dannyw132000 you can contact them about the screen issue before sending the laptop. They will likely accept it if they don't see any visible damages that are caused by user.