Acer Nitro 5 AN515-31 Sound Hanging / Slow Motion after running demanding task.

Options
DavidJoacaRo
DavidJoacaRo Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited June 2023 in Windows 11

I've opened GMod today, and I've experienced a really weird bug, that made my audio crackle out of a sudden. Earlier GMod, I've played rainbow six siege with no problems.

In the meantime before booting GMod, i saw that i didnt had enough storage on my D: drive, so I deleted the game (rainbow six siege) and I've saw System Volume Information occupy 37GB.
Additional note is that my Windows.old was deleted.

I've used the Cleanup Drive tool to remove the shadow copy on my D Drive and then I had no issues.

Fast forward 2-3 hours later I've decided to play some Garry's Mod, I've joined everything well, some friend called me on Discord and then I've started noticing my audio started to crackle.

I've restarted Windows Audio using services.msc. I've replugged in my headphones, still, no luck.

The issuse persists until I restart my Laptop.

As audio driver, the vendor is Realtek.
External programs used are Peace and EqualizerAPO (didnt had problems with them before, and I've disabled them completly, still no luck)

What I've tried so far

Reinstalling the driver
Uninstalling the driver
Updating it
Disabling EqualizerAPO & Peace EQ

LatencyMon reports bad status. It is NOT a Headphone issue because when I connect it to my phone, it doesn't have any problems

The sound crackles and it's slow-motion like. Like it stutters to play.

———————————-
LAPTOP SPECS
Acer Nitro 5, 2018 model (AN515-31)
8 GB Ram (factory, unchanged)
256 GB SSD (factory, intel m.2, unchanged)
Intel i5 8250U 1.60GHz
nVidia MX150
———————————-

Please DO NOT tell me to use the audio troubleshooter because I've did the debugging on my own, that tool never worked for me.

Please I need help ASAP :(

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers