How to fix acer Nitro ethernet speed capped at 100 mbps?

MikiMouse23
MikiMouse23 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an internet speed of 300 Mbps I already tried checking the config and its already at 1.0G Full Duplex and still showing 100 Mbps then I tried changing the ethernet cable and still the same so the last thing I thinking of is that the router might have a problem so I tried a different router and still it's capped at 100 Mbps… please help!

This is my Internet speed using my Wifi (nevermind the ping)

and this is the speed of my ethernet cable

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,818 Trailblazer

Latency or "Ping" is very important with bandwidth ("speed") and 123ms is unacceptable, nothing will work properly with such poor-quality signal. Ping spikes are caused by a server to which you’re connecting so you should be talking to your ISP or broadband company. Windows and your network adapter are just trying to make the best of it, by tweaking network settings you may manage to get more bandwidth but with a lot of interrupts. Personally, I would be very happy with 50 Mbps (have only 10 Mbps on a good day).😐️

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder

@MikiMouse23 try to check the ethernet cable to see if it is a CAT 5 or CAT5E/CAT6. It must have enough 8 wires in order for 1Gbps to work. Also, can you tell me the modem/router model name? I can look it up to check the LAN bandwidth

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • eGomes
    eGomes Member Posts: 3,720 Guru

Check also, if 8P8C (RJ45) connector is crimped with T568B standard:

É hora de dizer adeus ao Windows 11! 🤢🤮👎🏻 Linux Zorin e Mint, aí vou eu...🫡🫣