HOW DO I KNOW IF MY ACER HAS INTERNAL SPEAKERS

robyn_jones57
robyn_jones57 Member Posts: 4 New User

I HAVE AN ACER MONITOR AND I THOUGHT I HAD INTERNAL SPEAKERS BUT I HAD TO UNPLUG EVERYTHING AND MOVE IT AROUND NOW I DO NOT HAVE INTERNAL SPEAKS SO IT HAS BEEN SO LONG MAYBE I ALWAYS HAVE JUST HAD EXTERNAL COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME HERE IS THE MODEL NUMBER H213H VERSION H 213H BMID. THANK YOU

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer

BUILT-IN SPEAKERS With high-quality built-in speakers, the Acer H213H bmid provides rich stereo sound while saving precious desktop space.

Check the HDMI cable don't use VGA.

• robyn_jones57

IT HAS ALWAYS RUN ON VGA HOW WOULD I PUT IT ON HDMI ? I DO SEE ON THE BACK OF THE ACER A SPOT FOR AN HDMI BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO GO WITH IT ON THE DESKTOP OR WHAT KIND OF CABLE TO GET

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer

Check your desktop for a VDI port (smaller than the HDMI port) and buy a HDMI-VDI cable, if no VDI try a RCA phone jack cable with a phone jack for your desktop on one side and RCA audio plug for the monitor. Don't forget that the VGA signal is analog, only supports (IBM 1987) 640 × 480 in 16 colors!

• robyn_jones57

THANK YOU I WILL TRY THIS

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Also try not to shout at us with ALL CAPS. :)

There should be an audio-in port on the back of the monitor. You should have an audio cable that runs between the audio-out on your computer to the audio-in on the monitor. They typically have a light green connector on each end. You can continue to use your VGA port to drive the video and the audio ports to drive the speakers. No need for HDMI…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • robyn_jones57

I DO CAPS NOT TO SHOUT I CANNOT HARDLY SEE ESPECIALLY ON THIS WHITE BACK GROUND SORRY IF YOU THOUGHT I WAS BEING RUDE JUST OLD