Predator 16 RTX 4080 following features are not working; face id / face unlock and finger print.

Options
Aaril
Aaril Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2023 in Predator Laptops

My brother own a Predator 16 i9 13th gen RTX 4080 12g dedicated laptop. He said the following features are not working; face id / face unlock and finger print. I have read and watched reviews and there's nowhere it was stated it comes with these features.

I need clarity about this.

Thanks

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023
    Options

No finger print reader installed.

The laptop has a USB FHD camera but is not 3D capable.
    Hello Facial Recognition feature requires an Intel RealSense or 3D Camera to support facial unlock features.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell me the computer model? Example: AN515-55-5890.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aaril
    Options

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean if he get an external 3D webcam it will support the facial recognition feature. As far as I know, he actually bought a 4k webcam hoping to use it wiht the laptop yet the facial recognition isn't working.

Please advice

Thanks.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Can you tell me the computer model? Example: AN515-55-5890.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aaril
    edited October 2023
    Options

I don't understand what you mean

• Aaril
    edited October 2023
    Options

See the attach image.

Thanks

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

That 4K IR USB Logitech camera should work with the Windows Hello feature, Check the settings in Windows: To turn on Windows Hello

1. Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options
    2. Select the Windows Hello method that you want to set up,
    3. Select Set up.