Acer Aspire N19C5A Constant fps drops in games while on charging while no issue when on battery

Amartya
Amartya Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I have Acer Aspire Gaming 7 (model no. N19C5A) and it suddenly giving me fps drops on charging while on battery it runs super smooth. I tried many fixes like changing the processor power management settings, setting graphics to a max on nvidea control panel, changed my power plans, disabled real time antivirus protection, etc. Nothing seems to work. 6 months back i could play games, stream it on discord with no issues but now all of a sudden it started giving fps drops out of nowhere. I check the cpu utilisation at the time of fps drops, it was around 60-90%(then it went back to around 20-30), while my ram was at 90%+ usage. Cpu temp was below 80 C and gpu was below 90 C.

Specifications:

Processor: Ryzen 5 5500U

Gpu: Gtx 1650

Ram: 8 gb

135 watt charger

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer

The model number of your laptop is the Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G-xxx, as quoting model N19C55A means nothing as Acer does not use this number. anyway, the best way to fix FPS drops is to have the NVidia latest drivers for the GTX1650 gpu and to always play games with the GeForce Experience settings that NVidia sets for gaming, with the NVidia Control Panel set the Program Settings > Select> Select the preferred graphics processor for this program to High-performance NVIDIA processor as that will make all programs use the GTX1650 gpu. Also make sure that you have the AMD software up to date also, as the combination of all these will make your laptop perfrom at its bets.

• Amartya

Tinkerer

I do use GeForce Experience for gaming but it just set the game at high settings which doesn't help and make the laptop hotter so i set games to low settings.I constantly update my cpu and gpu drivers but nothing changed please help

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,763 Pathfinder

@Amartya try to upgrade the RAM by getting another 8GB stick to run Dual-Channel. This will reduce the FPS drop and increase the overall performance.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Amartya

Tinkerer

edited June 2023

@AnhEZ28 yeah i did order 8 gb ram, it will be delivered by 16 june, I'll update once i upgrade it but i don't think thats the issue as 6 months back the laptop worked just fine

• Amartya

Tinkerer

• AnhEZ28

@Amartya if it didn't have any FPS drop previously, then try cleaning the laptop's internal.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Amartya

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28 I upgraded my ram from 8 gb to 16 gb and somewhat cleaned the laptop's internal but still getting the fps drops. I made a mistake up there about cpu temp, it will reach 85+ degree celsius immediatly when plugged in and then the fps drop starts, i tried ryzen controller to control set the temp at 80 degree celsius but it didnt work

• AnhEZ28

@Amartya what is the cpu and gpu temp when you suffer the FPS drop?