Aspire 5 A515-45-R4ZF Notebook weird behavior while plugged

Lukk3N
Lukk3N Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Aspire Laptops

So lately I'm worried about some stuff that are happening to my notebook wich I'm a bit concerned about it. I've bought an steel case Aspire 5 with a Ryzen 7 5700u, and since the first day I've conected it to the electricity, I've noticed that the steel portion of it, Wich is the display, gives me some sort of static electricity, it's quite annoying, and don't even matter if it's on or off, if it's connected and I touch the cover I get this annoying feeling. And lately as well, I've noticed that once I press to turn my computer off, the blue light that indicates if it's on or off, do keeps lighted, even tho I can't hear a thing from the computer. Is there something wrong with it or it's an thing with steel case laptops? Is there anything I can do about it? Is it dangerous, or could it damage my hardware? Or should I send my notebook to the warranty repair?

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,077 Trailblazer

You normally don't press the power button to shut down but click on the shutdown icon in the Start>Power menu taskbar.

Reset the Power Plan to default and only use the Power Button for booting up, disable Fast Startup in "Change what closing the lid does" and if your room has a thick wall-to-wall carpet or if you live in a very dry place like the mountains make sure your power adapter DC plug has a Ferrite Bead near the laptop port to circumvent any static electricity. Read the posts on this forum how to reset the battery or power drain the motherboard. If after this the blue power light still flickers after 2 minutes complete shutdown bring the laptop to Acer Services in your country, there may be a power leak.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer

What is the Aspire 5 laptop exact model number, as what you are describing is static electricity which can damage the laptop. To get rid of static electricity on an aluminum-bodied laptop, you can try the following:

• Lukk3N

Tinkerer

My notebook model is an Acer Aspire 5 A515-45-R4ZF.

• Are your electrical outlets properly grounded?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lukk3N

Tinkerer

Ill be testing in another room Wich I know it's grounded and see how will

• Is the problem still occurring?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Lukk3N

Tinkerer

edited November 2023

Yes but its weaker now so I'm less concerned.