Help with connector interface ACER NITRO 5 AN515-44

Romkola45
Romkola45 Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

Is the interface connector suitable for ACER NITRO 5 AN515-44?
I just noticed that other sources do not write the interface model, but then I saw this, and decided to play it safe and ask, thanks in advance for the answer
Or does it have nothing to do with it at all?
And if it doesn't work, then if possible, throw off the links to the connector. https://www.amazon.com/GinTai-Connector-Replacement-AN515-44-50-Q5XN2-002/dp/B08JYSJJXY

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The Amazon link that you gave above is NOT the proper SATA plug and cable for your AN515-44 laptop and will not work.

The below FFC CABLE FOR HDD is the ONLY SATA 2.5" part that you need to connect a 2.5" HDD with, be careful as the SATA plug has to be the exact AN515-44 that Acer quotes and supplies with your laptop (you should have the HDD 2.5" kit included) as if its not the AN515-44 kit then the SATA plug for your laptop will NOT boot as these flat SATA cables are different thicknesses and if they are too thick, the cheap motherboard SATA clip plug will not lock and will not allow a 100% connection (this happened to my AN515-56) so I know the problem, so you need to get exact SATA Cable below that is made for the AN515-44 laptop.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This is the AN515-44 Storage Subsystem, your laptops M.2 SSD slot #1 is for PCIe3x4 M.2 drives only and SSD slot #2 is for either M.2 PCIe3x2 or SATA =-3 M.2 drives, as this slot can worjk with both interface type drives.

Below are the M.2 SSD PCIe Gen.3x4 NVMe drives (that you can use in the SSD slot#1 boot drive) that Acer fits to your laptop, fitting the PCIe4x4 is a waste of money as your AN515-44 will never utilize the full speed of those drives. The best and quickest PCIe3x4 drives are either the Samsung 970 Plus or the WD SN750 Black M.2 SSD drives, so fit those.

Answers