My acer aspire V5-571P states I need 22 driver updstes

Options
extmarian3
extmarian3 Member Posts: 1 New User

how do I find the license key and why do I have this coming up on my computer all the time?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

What OS are you using Win-8.1 or 10, this laptop has a Microsoft digital key and doesn't have a windows 25 key, also what bios version is your V5-571P have, as this Aspire came with different bios versions of either a Legacy or UEFI type bios. To get all the drivers up to date run windows update and install the Intel Driver Support Assistant scan as that will get all the drivers up to date, also look at the Ace Aspire V5-571P Driver & Manuals and get all the obsolete drivers from there too.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

This is a 10-year-old Windows 8.1 laptop that you probably upgraded to legacy W10 some 5-7 years ago. You are not running W10 22H2 and your system is not secure, no longer supported/updated. W10 will be out phased in 2025 so I recommend to look for a low-end, modern W11 laptop around <$400 on a sale. Your W8.1 product key is stored on the BIOS chip and to read that 25-digit number paste this in the Command Prompt opened as administrator:

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited June 2023
    Options

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Be Warned - using the method above to get the Win 25 digit key, will not work as the key is not a legit key, you can try but I don't like your chances.

Unless you have the legit Microsoft 25 key written on your laptop on a sticker any 25 digit key that you get with whatever windows key extracting software method(s) does not work, you can try and good luck! Btw, I've had this laptop since this laptop came out, I've upgraded it from Win-18.1 to 10 and moded the bios from legacy to UEFI and this laptop works excellent in Win-10 and is a very useful spare platform.