acer Aspire 7 Keyboard not working less than year old

RAVINAZRE
RAVINAZRE Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited June 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I am using below laptop. purchased on sep 27. I noticed that some of the keys are not working . Like S key and they A,

I had restarted laptop and find more than 10 keys not working. This has not happened before.

Based on the search. i have performed below steps

Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, select Properties, move to Driver tab and click Uninstall, reboot 

Still Keyboard is not working .

What will be the next step here.

Laptop Specs

acer Aspire 7 Core i5 12th
Gen - (8 GB/512 GB SSD
/Windows 11 Home/4 GB
Graphics/NVIDIA GeForce
RTX 3050) EX 215-54/ EX
215-54-356V/ A715-51G-
53AY Gaming Laptop

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,480 Trailblazer

Your Aspire A715-51G is under the Acer 12 months warranty and the keyboard and keys (if you haven't damaged them or taken any keys apart) are covered under the 12 months warranty and Acer will replace the keyboard and top cover for you with a new one like below for your language

A715-51G UPPER CASE ASSY

Go the Acer Drivers & Manuals > Repair My Acer then you will come to this screen below and fill it out

• RAVINAZRE

Tinkerer

Thank you StevenGen ,

Couple of other things done to resolve. But it didnt work for this laptop. Logged a case with Engineer.

1. We tried to uninstall all the keyboard drivers and restart. - Checked typing in notepad. didn't work
    2. Using external keyboard , was able to go to boot menu > security and checked if any keys are working. It failed. So turned turned to be issue with keyboard hardware issue.
    3. Engineer will be visiting tomorrow. i will update my findings.

• RAVINAZRE

Tinkerer

The Next day , Laptop keyboard is working fine. No issues found. Not sure its due to heat from the laptop that caused keyboard malfunction.

I had to cancel the ticket raised from support.