Aspire C27 Why is the camera advertised as good, when it is actually rubbish?

Options
ATeacher
ATeacher Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in All-In-One PCs

The Aspire C27 that I just purchased 2 weeks ago is HORRIBLE
How do you consider this screen to be HD? The camera is so grainy and makes me look like I'm in a dark room, when I've got a bright white wall and cool white bulbs. I contacted support specifically to ask about the quality of the camera. (Yes, I've gone into the minimal settings and tweaked as much as possible)
I have saved for almost 2 years to buy this exact computer based on the specs I need for online teaching.

But, lo and behold, I can't send screen snips in the Zoom chat because the quality of the snip is too low, and I can't record videos of myself because the quality of the camera is too low. This is all in comparison to the Microsoft Surfacebook 2 that I have been using for the past 4-5 years.

Don't get me started on the keyboard included. Why even bother including it? You might just as well drop the price by £50 and let people buy a keyboard that doesn't sound like you're on a horse clacking down the street.

Fantastic. I have just wasted 2 years of savings on a computer with capabilities akin to those from 2003!

Also interesting that it's so difficult to leave a review after purchase….perhaps because so many people are unhappy?!

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,264 Trailblazer
    Options

Before buying expensive technical gear like PCs you should do some research which is made so easy these days with fast and cheap internet and AI aided browser. Don't just believe the sales pitch of vendors. Unbelievable you were not aware of the shortcomings of this C27, every review I just read flags the poor grainy webcam and screen like this one:

• ATeacher
    ATeacher Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Of course I read the reviews. Honestly, what person wouldn't? The specs you have listed are for a previous model. For example, mine has 2 USBC ports. I assumed the upgrade from 720p to 1080p was in response to the negative reviews of earlier renditions of the Aspire C27.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You don't tell us which of the several C27 model series you have. Your full model number is usually on the same sticker as your serial number, it should look something like C27-xxx-xxxx. We certainly can't point to a review that matches you model without knowing what you have…

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.