Nitro 5 Laptop enters sleep randomly and doesnt turn back on for ages

OscarHg
OscarHg Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2023 in Nitro Gaming

It doesnt seem to be overheating, and a orange light blinks (not the battery one) during the time it turns itself off, I have a Nitro 5

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,995 Pathfinder

You may have a low battery charge issue with that amber LED blinking, or a low sleep mode time set in Power Plan Advanced settings, change the sleep mode time to Never both on power and on battery. Check if that stops it. If no change create a Battery Report in Windows and check the Full Charge Capacity, if less than 20-30% of the Design Capacity you need to replace your battery. If you are using Acer Care Center, 80% max. battery charging, disable that feature, do not interfere with Windows ACPI charging protocol.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer

If the power idicator flashes amber your Nitro is in the S3 state mode, see this guide "How to Enable S3 Sleep State & Disable Modern Standby (SO)" and turn the S3 state off.

• OscarHg
    OscarHg Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, it still seems to be randomly going into it and sometimes i literally cannot wake the machine back up. ive had to shut it off via the button multiple times due to it not waking back up. any ideas?

• What is the exact model? Example: an515-55-5890.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)