Predator Monitor XB273UNVbmiiprzx Backlight bleeding across the entire screen.

Omar91
Omar91 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited June 2023 in Monitors

I purchased a Predator Monitor XB273UNVbmiiprzx which I bought on May 31, 2023 on Amazon.

Unfortunately, the monitor has several flaws that negatively affect its functionality.
Here are the problems encountered:

Backlight bleeding across the entire screen.

Fully yellow viewing angles. [Which happens if the monitor is below my head]

The bottom of the screen is yellow.

In OSD, the mode 1:1 and 21:9 not working. [It does not change view in any option.].

RGBs work poorly at first. After updating RGB Light sense they are FIXED.

I have attached photos documenting the defects found. The most annoying is that half of the screen is yellowish on white.

Also there is a halo, towards the center of the screen which is difficult to see but can be seen on a black screen, including bleeding.

I should send it in for repair. Do you think the warranty covers these defects?

Omar

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Omar91

I have problems with a monitor I would like to discuss with an Acer manager as support does not offer me answers.

• Omar91
    edited June 2023

Furthermore, lowering the brightness, another glare or fog even more annoying comes out towards the center.

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 696 Moderator

Hi @Omar91,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Only your local support services can help you with this, the community is not an escalation channel, unfortunately.

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you,

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

• Omar91
    edited June 2023

Hi Acer-Samuel, first of all thank you for your answer. What do you think about my monitor issues? What I would like to understand is if the warranty covers these defects. I had asked customer support but he told me that "the appropriate checks will be carried out with Acer group" of course once I send them the monitor. I find it isn't right. Because if I send the package to Acer and it doesn't cover the warranty for these defects (Backlight bleeding, white color tint uniformity end fog), I pay the transport in vain. I wish someone could help me understand the actual situation of my monitor and what should I do.

Omar

• Omar91

I would also like to understand this OSD mode that allows you to set 1:1, 21:9 and full screen. Even though I change them the screen doesn't change. Is it really a malfunction or is there something I should do?