Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 speakers not detected

Options
PloaieK
PloaieK Member Posts: 1 New User

I have this problem where if I connect my headphones, or anything that can play sound it works, but as soon as I disconnect them the speakers are not working. It shows an X where the sound is in taskbar. When I go to sound playback devices there is no speakers there.

Also, I installed Windows 10 22H2, because I despise Win 11 and the driver on the product page did get me an error, which I will attach to the post.

On the other side, the speakers worked on win 11 and they were horrible, there was a high pitched sound everytime, screeching and hurtful to my ears.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options

The Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 is a Win-11 laptop, using Win-10 will give you problems like you are experiencing, also these laptops are not designed to be HiFi Giants and state of the art audio platforms!😁and the audio is governed by not just one audio driver like Realtek, as there are other audio drivers from Intel and NVidia, so changing and/or updating any one of these drivers only will cause problems to the audio.

Reinstall Win-11 and do a Clean Install onto your AN515-58, after allow all the default windows updates and drivers to be installed and also install the Intel deriver and support scan software and update all Intel drivers and install the NVidia latest graphics driver for the RTX GPU of your laptop, then install the GeForce Experience software and use this software settings for playing games. Doing all this will make your Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58 perform to its best and ultimate and your speakers will work and perform to what they were designed to do, which is just to output sound😁if you want surround Hi-Fi sound and/or dynamic surround gaming sound then either get a high-end Bluetooth headphone or a surround speaker system.